is an Ayurvedic wellness tea for immunity boosting and overall well-being achieving.
This Ayurvedic form of drugs is made by boiling herbs with spices using a special traditional technology. It allows you to save a maximum of useful substances in their concentration 8 times greater than what would have been obtained with the usual brewing of herbs and spices, if they were in powders.
Each of Kashayam decoctions has a multifaceted effect on the body, since its plant ingredients not only actively act alone, but also significantly stimulate the action of other components.
The form of preparations in the form of Kashayam decoctions is one of the most popular and widely used in Ayurveda. This form is a common definition for many types of medicinal tea.
Kashayam can be used for a variety of ailments, for example, with an upset stomach, diseases of the bronchopulmonary or reproductive system, etc.
Basically, spices such as basil (tulasi), ginger, neem leaves, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, pippali (long red pepper), black pepper, etc. are used for Kashayam preparing. Kashayam is one of the oldest healing formulas of oriental medicine. Most decoctions are bitter and unpleasant in taste and the liquid itself is dark in color. Both of these properties are associated with an extremely high concentration of active substances.
How Kashayam is prepared?
The modern production of Kashayam decoctions has improved the ancient technology, however, the main stages of preparation remained unchanged as they were thousands of years ago.
Now, as then, the process of preparing a Kashayam decoction requires great accuracy.
- First, the necessary herbs are determined according to the healing formula;
- There is a thorough cleaning of raw herbs with water;
- Herbs are dried in a sterile environment;
- The exact weight of each ingredient is measured according to the formula;
- Compound ingredients are coarse ground;
- Vegetable powder is mixed in an appropriate amount of water;
- Boiling the solution continues until it is reduced in volume to the exact concentration;
- The properties of the resulting mixture are tested for compliance with the required characteristics of the product.
Types of Kashayam
There are various types of Kashayam, the action of which is aimed at treating various types of ailments, as well as the general healing of the body and it’s toning and maintaining well-being.
Here are some types of Kashayam that you can purchase in our online store:
- Varanadi Kashayam (for weight loss).
- Gandharvahastadi Kashayam (restoring the balance of vata dosha).
- Drakshadi Kashayam (treatment of the nervous system).
- Indukantam Kashayam (treatment of the gastrointestinal tract).
- Sahacharadi Kashayam (treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system).
- Amritotharam Kashayam (treatment of viral diseases).
- Sukumaram Kashayam (treatment of the female reproductive system).
- Valiya Rasnadi Kashayam (joint improvement).
- Vasaguluchyadi Kashayam (protection and restoration of the liver).
- Vyaghryadi Kashayam (treatment of respiratory diseases).
- Nimbamritadi Panchatiktam Kashayam (against inflammation and viruses).
- Nisakatakadi Kashayam (treatment of diabetes).
- Saptasaram Kashayam (for the health of the genitourinary and digestive systems).
- Guggulutiktam Kashayam (anti-inflammatory).
- Nisothamadi Kashayam (cleansing the blood and detoxifying the body).